- Manouria emys
- Captive Bred
- Approximately 3.5 To 5 Inches In Length
- These Require High Humidity And Temperatures Not Exceeding The Low 80s
- Adults Can Reach Sizes Of 24 Inches In Shell Length
- Feeding On Vitamin Dusted Vegetables Daily
- Terrapene ornata luteola
- Captive Bred
- Approximately 5 – 6 inches In Shell Length
- Also Known As The Sonoran Box Turtle
- Great Pets And Very Friendly
- This Turtle Has Bright Striping On The Shell And A Well Decorated Head And Legs
- Feeding On Turtle Diet, Crickets And Vitamin Dusted Fresh Vegetables
Greek tortoises are going to primarily live off of plant food. Tortoises are herbivorous animals and shouldn’t be given animal products. However, giving Greek tortoises cuttlebone to gnaw on will help them get the calcium that they need in order to keep themselves healthy and strong. Giving almost any animal a variety of foods is a good idea, since different plants are going to vary in terms of the chemicals and nutrients that they contain. However, Greek tortoises only consume a fairly narrow range of foods, so that variety must be found within a relatively narrow category.
The Yearling Redfoot Tortoise for sale (Chelonoidis carbonarius) is a species of tortoise from northern South America. These medium-sized tortoises generally average 30 cm (12 in) as adults, but can reach over 40 cm (16 in). They ( Yearling Redfoot Tortoise for sale) have dark-colored, loaf-shaped carapaces (back shell) with a lighter patch in the middle of each scute (scales on the shell), and dark limbs with brightly colored scales that range from pale yellow to dark red.
- Chelonoidis carbonaria
- Captive Bred
- Approximately 3.5 – 4 Inches In Shell Length
- This Is A Mid Sized Species With Adults Growing To About 14 Inches
- This Is A Great Pet For A First Time Reptile Owner
- They Are Feeding On Mixed Vegetables And Calcium Dusted Greens
This tortoise is the largest animal on the Aldabra Island atoll. It fills a similar role to the one occupied by elephants in Africa and Asia. As with elephants, they are the main consumers of vegetation and will noticeably alter the habitat during their search for food. Tortoises have been known to knock over small trees and shrubs to obtain nutritious leaves. Seeds pass through the tortoise’s digestive tract and eventually become food for many other species.
Aldabra tortoises are able to go without food or water for long periods. They are grazers and browsers, feeding mainly on grasses and woody plants. However, they will eat meat when it is available and possibly even eat the carcasses of dead tortoises. They may also eat feces.
At the Zoo, Aldabra tortoises eat salad and hay three days per week. In the summer, they have access to the outdoor enclosure where they graze on grass and weeds. Their diet is supplemented with cactus pad, carrots, sweet potatoes and assorted browse.
The Russian tortoise (Agrionemys horsfieldii), also commonly known as the Afghan tortoise, the Central Asian tortoise, Horsfield’s tortoise, four-clawed tortoise, and the (Russian) steppe tortoise, is a threatened species of tortoise in the family Testudinidae. The species is endemic to Central Asia. Human activities in its native habitat contribute to its threatened status.
- Testudo horsfieldii
- Field Collected
- Males And Females Available
- Approximate Length: 4 To 6 Inches
- This Is A Smaller Species Of Tortoise, Great For An Indoor Enclosure
- Feeding On Vitamin Dusted Greens And Tortoise Diet
These Captive Bred Yearlings Are Around 3 – 4 Inches In Shell Length. These Are Great Personable Tortoises That Really Become Part Of The Family. These captive-bred Yearling Sulcata Tortoise for sale is a beautifully smooth without pyramiding and is raised at proper humidity and with proper diet and nutrition.
These Captive Bred Babies Are Approximately 2 – 2.5 Inches In Shell Length. Gorgeous Tortoises With Individual Star Patterns On Each Section Of Its Shell That Explode Off The Black Background, These Are An Awesome Sight To Behold. Great Tempered Smaller Turtles Perfect For Any Collection Or First Time Owners.