Yearling Pearl River Map Turtle
- “Pascagoula Map Turtle”
- Graptemys pearlensis
- Captive Bred
- Approximately 2 – 2.5 Inches In Shell Length
- Gorgeous Turtles Showcasing Rich Brown And Yellow Colors That Is Complimented By Black Stripes Down Its Legs
- Voracious Reptiles Feeding On Turtle Pellets, Silver Side Fish
WE HAVE YEARLING PEARL RIVER MAP TURTLE FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Originating From Mississippi And Louisiana In The United States
- With Proper Care These Can Live 20+ Years In Captivity
- Adult Females Average In Sizes Around 9 – 10 Inches And The Males Coming In Considerably Smaller At 4 – 5 Inches In Shell Length
- These Are Highly Aquatic Turtles Living In Streams And Rivers With Gravel And Sandy Bottoms
The Yearling Pearl River Map Turtle is a very pretty, and very uncommon turtle, found only in the Pearl and Pascagoula rivers in Mississippi and Louisiana. Also called the Pascagoula Map turtle, they prefer swift currents with sand or gravel bottoms. Habitat destruction and pollution have put this species’ future at risk.
Buy Yearling Pearl River Map Turtle
Juveniles take pellets, insects, fish, clams and snails. They prefer basking in secluded settings and do best in cool, clean and well circulated water. Pearl River Maps are rarely available, as only a few breeders are successfully working with them, but their beauty and plight in the wild make them well worth the extra effort to properly keep them.
Because of this Yearling Pearl River Map Turtle large adult size, a large space is needed for them. My first recommendation would be a Waterland turtle tub (waterlandtubs.com) kept outdoors. However, for those living in colder winter climates, an indoor enclosure would be better. This could also be a Waterland tub, as well, or opt for a roomy glass aquarium measuring about 5 feet long by 2 feet wide and tall. An enclosure this size will nicely house a pair of adult turtles. A Waterland tub also offers the option of a nesting area, however, which can be difficult to set up in an aquarium without modification. Whichever housing option you choose, the rest is basic. You don’t need substrate for the enclosure. Buy Yearling Pearl River Map Turtles
There are no reviews yet.