- Heosemys spinosa
- Field Collected
- Approximately 4 – 6 Inches In Total Length
- These Enjoy The Water As Much As They Enjoy The Land So Set Up The Terrarium Accordingly
- Gorgeous Reptiles With The Most Unique Shell Shape
- Feeding On Vegetation, Mixed Vegetables With Vitamin Supplements And Commercial Tortoise Diets
WE HAVE SPINY TURTLES FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
eastern spiny softshell turtle, texas spiny softshell turtle..
- Naturally Occurring Out Of Thailand, Sumatra And The Indonesian Islands
- Adults Growing To Approximately 6 – 9 Inches In Shell Length
- This Species Tends To Become More Terrestrial With Age, Provide Adequate Land And Water
- Feeding On Vegetation, Mixed Vegetables And Commercial Tortoise Diets
Mating behaviour appears to be triggered by rain.. in captivity, spraying males with water results in them chasing females and attempting to mount. in captivity, laying usually occurs in the night or early morning. Females produce up to three clutches per year. A plastron hinge develops to ease laying. in three cases the incubation time was 106, 110, and 145 days.
The spiny softshell turtle is a species of softshell turtle, one of the largest freshwater turtle species in North America. At roughly half that size, the spiny and smooth softshell turtles are more manageable as pets. (Their species name “ferox” means ferocious). Escorting a softshell off of a road can be difficult.he spiny softshell turtle is a species of softshell turtle, one of the largest freshwater turtle species in North America. Both the common name, spiny softshell, and the specific name, spinifera, refer to the spiny, cone-like projections on the leading edge of the carapace, which are not scutes.Turtles can feel touch and pressure through their shells in much the same way we feel it through our fingernails. Try using a soft brush to rub a turtle’s shell.