Baby Rio Grande River Cooter Turtle
- Pseudemys gorzugi
- Captive Bred Babies
- Approximately 1.5 – 2 Inches In Shell Length
- Active Species Of Turtle That Loves To Sun Bathe
- Feeding On Turtle Pellets, Crickets, Fish And Bloodworms
WE HAVE BABY RIO GRANDE RIVER COOTER TURTLES FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
Baby Rio Grande River Cooter Turtle for sale
- Native To Central And South America
- Adults Are Averaging In Sizes From 8 – 12 Inches In Shell Length
- With Proper Care And Setup These Reptiles Can Live 20 – 30 Years In Captivity
- This Is A Tropical Species So Be Sure To Provide A Heat Lamp And UVB Light
River cooters are mainly herbivores. They feed on aquatic plants, grasses, and algae. Younger ones tend to seek a more protein enriched diet such as aquatic invertebrates, crustaceans, and fish. Older turtles may occasionally seek prey as well but mostly partake of a herbivorous diet.
In captivity, cooters need an aquatic habitat, with a dry basking area. They need a warming light and UVB radiation (from reptilelights or direct sunshine). As juveniles, they can be kept in a 20- or 30-gallon long tank, but they will outgrow those accommodations, and need a very large tank or outdoor pond.
This native turtle is medium sized, with sexually mature adults ranging in carapace size from just under 7 to nearly 10 inches. Females are the larger sex, while the males are much smaller.