Baby Redfoot Tortoise
These Captive Bred Babies Are Approximately 2-3 Inches In Shell Length. This Is A Mid Sized Species With Adults Growing To About 14 Inches. This Is A Great Pet For A First Time Reptile Owner.
WE HAVE BABY REDFOOT TORTOISES FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
The Baby Redfoot Tortoise for sale (Chelonoidis carbonarius) is a species of tortoise from northern South America. These medium-sized tortoises generally average 30 cm (12 in) as adults, but can reach over 40 cm (16 in). They have dark-colored, loaf-shaped carapaces (back shell) with a lighter patch in the middle of each scute (Baby Redfoot Tortoise for sale), and dark limbs with brightly colored scales that range from pale yellow to dark red.
They are closely related to the yellow-footed tortoise (C. denticulatus) from the Amazon Basin. Their natural habitat ranges from savannah to forest edges around the Amazon Basin. They are omnivorous with a diet based on a wide assortment of plants, mostly fruit when available, but also including grasses, flowers, fungi, carrion, and invertebrates. They do not brumate, but may aestivate in hot, dry weather.Eggs, hatchlings, and juvenile tortoises are food for many predators, but the main threats for adults are jaguars and humans. Population density ranges from locally common to very scarce due in part to habitat destruction and over-collection for food and the pet trade.
- Chelonoidis carbonaria
- Captive Bred
- Approximately 2-3 Inches In Shell Length
- This Is A Mid Sized Species With Adults Growing To About 14 Inches
- This Is A Great Pet For A First Time Reptile Owner
- They Are Feeding On Mixed Vegetables And Calcium Dusted Greens
- Originating In South America Ranging From Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana And Suriname
- Adults Can Grow Up To 11-14 Inches In Length
- With Proper Care These Tortoises Can Live Up To 50 Years
- These Tortoises Are Used To Tropical Climates So Make Sure To Provide Adequate Humidity And Plenty Of Heat And UVB Lighting