5-6 Foot Green Iguana
- Iguana iguana
- Florida Wild Caught
- MALES ONLY
- Approximately 5-6 Feet In Length From Head To Tail
- Feeding On Vegetables Such As Collard Greens, Romaine, Kale, Carrots, And Iguana Diet
- (This is a special order animal. It should be ready to ship about 1 week after your order is placed)
5-6 foot green iguana for sale.
- With Good Care And Handling These Iguanas Can Live Up To 15-20 Years.
- Originating From South Mexico To South America And The Caribbean.
- These Lizards Require Large Cages And Should Be Kept Alone Or With Females Only
- Do Not House Multiple Males Together.;
Iguanas can range from 1.5 to 1.8 m (5 to 6 ft) in length, including their tails. These lizards possess a dewlap and a row of elongated scales… Running from the midline of their necks down to their tails… Iguanas have varying types of scales covering different areas of their body,….The scales on the dorsal trunk of their bodies are also thicker and more tightly packed than those on the ventral sides. These scales may be a variety of colors and are not always visible from close distances. They have a large, round scale on their cheeks known as a subtympanic shield.
Iguanas have keen vision and can see shapes, shadows, colors, and movement at long distances. Their visual acuity enables them to navigate through crowded forests and to locate food. They employ visual signals to communicate with other members of the same species.
The tympanum, the iguana’s eardrum, is located above the subtympanic shield (or “ear shield”) behind each eye. Iguanas are often hard to spot, as they tend to blend into their surroundings, and their coloration enables them to hide from larger predators.
Like most reptiles, an iguana has a three-chambered heart with two atria, one ventricle, and two aortae with a systemic circulation. The muscles of an iguana are very light in color due to the high proportion of fast-twitch, glycolytic muscle fibers (type A). These A fibers are not very vascularized and are low in myoglobin, giving them their pale look.